As a vegan, i'm always adventurous in trying new recipes out, seeing what kind of food I can make with the ingredients I can eat. It can be tricky sometimes. Luckily there are more and more recipes out there so that us vegans can feel more a part of the food trends. Cauliflower has basically replaced everything we eat anyways so why not make it taste like chicken?!
Here a recipe I found on One Green Planet that immediately stuck out to me. This Crispy Cauliflower Nugget recipe was posted by this girl Nicole, who like me, is always looking to make vegan food without breaking the bank!
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, plus a few extra
- 1 cup almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Put the coconut oil on a baking sheet and place in the oven for a few minutes to melt. Remove from oven and make sure it is spread evenly.
- Put the flour, garlic powder, black pepper, paprika, and salt in a large bowl and mix.
- In another bowl, pour the almond milk. Working a few a time, dip the cauliflower in the milk and then coat well with the flour mixture. Put all the florets in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Flip the cauliflower, brushing the extra almond milk on any floury spots on the cauliflower. Add a bit more coconut oil to the pan if it’s dry. Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Cool on a paper towel and serve with dipping sauces like ketchup.