If you answer YES to at least SEVEN of these questions you can be considered a "compulsive shopper."
- Have you ever lost time from work or school due to shopping/spending?
- Has shopping/spending ever created problems in your relationships?
- Has shopping/spending ever affected your reputation or people's opinion of you?
- Have you ever felt guilt, shame, or remorse after shopping/spending?
- Did you ever shoplift or steal from work to get money to pay debts or to solve money issues?
- Did shopping/spending ever cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
- Did you ever experience a "high" or "rush" of excitement when you shop or spend?
- Have you ever shopped/spent to escape worries?
- Has shopping/spending caused you to have difficulty eating or sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments, or frustrations create an urge to shop or spend?
- Have you noticed you begin shopping or spending more frequently over time?
- Have you considered self-destruction or suicide as a result of your shopping or spending?
- Upon stopping over-shopping or overspending did you continue to be tempted/preoccupied by it?
- Have you kept your shopping/spending a secret from most of those you are close to?
- Have you told yourself "this is my last time" and still over-shopped or overspent again?
- Have you continued to shop or spend despite having been had legal issues such as bankruptcy or divorce?
- Do you often feel angry or feel a need for control?
- Do you have feelings of life being unfair?
- Do you have persistent feelings of entitlement to get or buy what you want?
- Do you have trouble speaking up for yourself, asking for help, or saying "no"?
How many questions did you say yes to?
SOURCE: ABC News