If you are a fan of trivia and are looking for a job, you might just be in luck! The wildly popular HQ Trivia app is looking for a new trivia writer. Think you got what it takes? Check out the entire job post below:
Intermedia Labs Inc. is the company behind HQ Trivia, a live trivia game-show on smartphones that is played daily at 3PM EST and 9PM EST by over two million people. HQ Trivia is free to play, and each game’s winners earn a cash prize as well as valuable bragging rights. Intermedia Labs is a fast-growing startup based in NYC, and we are always thrilled to add driven and friendly members to our family.
We are looking for a Showrunner/Writer to join our team! Candidates should be both creative and detail oriented. You will collaborate with talent, artists, and directors to produce content for our daily interactive shows.
Responsibilities and Duties
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure content is correct & sourced properly — Correct answer option needs to be factually correct and Incorrect answer options need to be factually incorrect.
- Create original HQ Trivia content, including but not limited to trivia questions
- Rework existing questions to be easier, harder, more search-engine resistant, etc.
- Combine questions to build complete games for hosts
- Work alongside editorial team to help continue to evolve HQ Trivia topics and themes
Qualifications and Skills
- 4+ years of professional creative writing experience
- Bacherlor's Degree
- Demonstrable ability to create well-defined, engaging trivia content
- Distinct comedic voice
- Familiarity with wide range of topics and trends, both old and new
Job Type: Full-time
Give your trivia writing skills a shot and apply here: