I think just about everybody enjoys visiting their local state fair... and stuffing their face with fair food. Some state fairs get millions of visitors every year.
The biggest state fair is in Texas, receiving an estimated 2.25 million visitors every year. How crazy is that?! People travel all over the country to visit state fairs and "enjoy" the crazy food choices.
I know that my local New Jersey and New York fairs serve up some insane food options but the Calgary Stampede is offering up some really wild foods. Let me tell you some of the things the offer:
- Funnel cake pizza
- Cotton candy taco
- FLAMIN’ HOT® CHEETOS® corndog
- Butter beer ice cream
- Deep fried Twizzlers
- Dill Pickle pop
- Monster bug bowl (yes... there are real bugs in it)
- Gold ice cream
- Octo lolly (it's exactly what it sounds like... octopus on a lollipop)
That's just some of the random and insane foods that you can get at the Calgary Stampede this year.
If you're in the mood to get creative here's some fair foods that you can recreate at home:
- Deep fried cookies such as Oreos or chocolate chip cookies
- Corn dogs
- Bacon wrapped corn on the cob (YUM)
- Turkey leg
- Lemonade Iced Tea
- Candied apples
- Fried pickle chips
- Caramel popcorn
- Deep fried Mac and Cheese
- Walking tacos
If any of those foods sound good to you, you can find the recipes here!