In partnership with LACTAID®, we’re celebrating National Coffee Day ☕️ with this delicious recipe from NYC ice cream shop, New Territories!
Recipe by: New Territories
Yield: 1 serving
Matcha Glazed Cornflakes:
3 tablespoons LACTAID® 2% Milk (more, if needed)
1 tablespoon matcha powder
½ cup cornflake cereal
1¼ cup powdered sugar
1½ cup LACTAID® Vanilla Ice Cream
1/8 cup LACTAID® 2% Milk
¼ tablespoon instant espresso coffee
¼ cup boiling water
¼ cup chocolate dirt
1 graham cracker
1 teaspoon matcha powder
1. For the matcha glaze, in a small saucepan over low heat, mix 1¼ cup of powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon matcha powder and 3 tablespoons of LACTAID® 2% Milk. Slowly whisk until dissolved. Set aside to cool.
2. For the matchagato, bring ¼ cup of water to a boil.
3. Pour the boiling water into a cup filled with ¼ tablespoon of instant coffee. Stir until dissolved and set aside.
4. Pour 1/8 cup of LACTAID® 2% Milk (or more, according to taste) into the espresso. Set aside.
5. Place the ¼ cup of chocolate dirt on the bottom of a glass bowl.
6. Scoop 1½ cup of LACTAID® Vanilla Ice Cream into the glass bowl.
7. Place one graham cracker into the side of the ice cream.
8. Pour espresso directly into the bowl and over the ice cream scoop.
9. Take 2 tablespoons of your cooled matcha glaze and drizzle it across the scoop of ice cream in a zigzag motion.
10. In a separate bowl, pour ½ cup of cornflake cereal and slowly pour the remaining matcha glaze over the cornflakes. Mix until well-coated. Be careful not to over glaze, which causes the cornflakes to become soft and lose their crunch. Top the ice cream with the matcha cornflakes.
11. Using a sifter, take 1 teaspoon of matcha powder and dust over the bowl to serve.