Nothing says 4th of July quite like a spectacular firework show to light up the night sky. Wondering where you can watch? Bring your family and friends and put on all of your patriotic gear because here are the top 5 epic places to watch fireworks in and around New York City for Independence Day 2018.
1. Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks are set off from seven barges stationed along the East River between 23rd and 40th street. The 5 official viewing points are:
- 42nd Street & FDR Drive
- 34th Street & FDR Drive
- 23rd Street & FDR Drive
- 18th Street & Avenue C
- Houston Street & FDR Drive
The fireworks show can also be viewed from any area in Brooklyn with an unobstructed view as well as Gantry Plaza State Park in Long Island City, Queens. The show begins at 9:25pm after sunset.
2. If you want a fantastic place to spend your entire 4th of July, head to Coney Island and Brighton Beach in South Brooklyn. Enjoy a day on the beach and top off your night with a fireworks show viewable from the pier, boardwalk, and Coney Island beach beginning at 9:30.
3. 50Star Fire Show is taking place on the Hudson River waterfront in Jersey City located at Exchange Place at Montgomery & Hudson Street. Spend the day at the festival riding carnival rides and indulging in hotdogs or burgers and end your night with unbelieve views illuminated by an unforgettable fireworks show.
4. The New Jersey State Fair has a two-night firework extravaganza on Tuesday July 3, 2018 and Wednesday July 4, 2018. The fair is located at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. The fireworks will be set off at 11:00pm on both days.
5. Ridgewood’s 4th of July celebration is located at Veteran’s Field in Ridgewood, New Jersey. Gates open at 6:00 pm and close at 9:00pm. The fireworks show is one you don’t want to miss!