On Wednesday, the outlet shed some insight on the situation, courtesy of an insider, who revealed that a drug overdose was something her inner circle saw coming. "One of her friends had Narcan on hand in case something like this happened. Her friends knew this was coming because she's been using so much again. They were up all night partying the night before at her house," the source revealed. "Luckily, the Narcan worked and she will recover."
As per the insider, the 25-year-old had two friends with her at her house when the overdose happened. They called 911, but were in hysterics when paramedics arrived because Lovato was unconscious. "But the friends acted very quickly and saved her life," the source continued. As we previously reported, Narcan is a prescription used to counter the effects of opioids. On Tuesday night, an insider on Lovato's side revealed that heroin was not involved in her overdose, but wouldn't elaborate any further. Meanwhile, her rep released a statement on the matter, saying, "Demi is awake and with her family who want to express thanks to everyone for the love, prayers and support. Some of the information being reported is incorrect, and they respectfully ask for privacy and not speculation as her health and recovery is the most important thing right now."
If you or someone you know is struggling with substance abuse, contact the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) National Helpline at 1-800-662-HELP (4357).
Photo: Getty Images