Demi Lovato Was Found Unconscious In Her Bed After Partying All Night

Despite earlier word that suggested Demi Lovato's friends were to credit for saving her life after her alleged overdose, TMZ is now reporting that it was paramedics that were the ones to administer Narcan after she was found unconscious in her bed by an assistant.

In the latest update on Lovato's alleged overdose, the star was found in her bed after a long night of partying. After the pop star invited friends back to her house early Tuesday morning (July 24), Lovato went to sleep, but her assistant became concerned when she hadn't come out of her bedroom later in the morning. Once she entered the room and found the singer unresponsive, she tried waking her up and called 911. After paramedics arrived on the scene, she was still unconscious and that's when the EMTs administered Narcan, the brand name for the drug Naloxone. It's used to reverse the effects of opioids like heroin, fentanyl, and morphine. It has previously been referred to as a "magic drug" and a "heroin antidote." When Lovato regained consciousness, she reportedly refused to tell the EMTs what drugs she had taken. 

Thankfully, Lovato's road to recover is already on track, as per a source close to E! News, who revealed that she's heading back to rehab. "She had been partying for 12 straight hours and it caught up with her," one of five sources told the outlet. "This was going on for a few weeks and the warning signs were there. She slipped up and thought she could handle it. This is obviously a huge wake-up call. Demi doesn't want to die and she's very grateful to be alive. She will be leaving the hospital and heading straight to rehab. Her family has been by her side supporting her and is getting her the help she needs."

If you or someone you know is struggling with substance abuse, contact the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) National Helpline at 1-800-662-HELP (4357).

Photo: Getty Images

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content