1. Take a date to the Alpine Lookout. There’s truly no better place to view the Hudson River and New York City than this popular overlook on the Palisades Interstate Parkway.
2. Walk across the George Washington Bridge. Be sure to look up at the 570-footsteel towers on your stroll.
3. Enjoy no sales tax on clothes and shoes at The Outlets at Bergen Town Center where you’ll also find a Bobby’s Burger Palace. Bobby, as in Flay.
4. Experience Bischoff’s in Teaneck. When an ice cream parlor open more than 80 years is constantly packed, you know it’s awesome.
5. Play golf at the Ridgewood Country Club. This famous green, designed by A.W. Tillinghast, is one of Bergen’s best courses of 27 holes.
6. Take a mini trip to Seoul. What we really mean is Palisades Park. Drive up Broad Street and you’ll joyfully discover why.
7. Spend the day at Van Saun Park in Paramus and enjoy a fabulous zoo, carousel, train, acres of playground, outdoor summer movies and so much more.
8. Please your tastebuds with a spaghetti muffin at Uncle Giuseppe’s Market Place in Ramsey. Inside? Mini meatballs, cheese, sauce and deliciousness.
9. Dare visit our mini Jurassic Park known as Field Station Dinosaurs to see more than 30 life-sized, realistic looking robotic dinosaurs hiding in the woods.
10. Watch a horse race at the Meadowlands Racetrack. The 88 million grandstand features the upscale Victory Club, a spectacular view of Manhattan from the rooftop bar, a bright modern design and exciting races.
11. Study Documentary Filmmaking at One River School of Art + Design in Englewood.
12. Walk Fido sans leash at any one of our six off-the-leash dog parks.
13. Indulge at the Saddle River Inn. One of Bergen County’s most acclaimed restaurants full of ethnic influences but rooted in classic French techniques.
14. Get an associates degree on weekends - Bergen Community College at the Meadowlands offers a degree program exclusively on Saturdays, Sundays and online.
15. Get your rec on at Bergen County’s Overpeck Park. Kayak. Play tennis. Watch a minor league baseball game. See a concert. Bike along the water. Then enjoy a refreshment from all that fun.
16. Eat the thinest crust pizza you’ve ever seen at Kinchley’s Tavern in Ramsey. A landmark still serving its ultra think crust to devoted followers. If you feel adventurous, order the Garbage Pie.
17. Pitch a tent at Camp Tamarack at Ramapo Valley County Reservation after a long day of fishing and hiking.
18. Tap into a rotating collection of craft brews at Alementary Brewing Co and better yet, tap into the friendly staff’s knowledge of how they’re made.
19. Down a burger – or five – at White Manna in Hackensack. This famous eatery was serving sliders way before they became trendy.
20. Celebrate your inner sparkle at Posh Princess Palace for kids. Manicures, arts and crafts and a slime squad await.
21. Break a sweat on the water. Darlington Lake’s newest Wibit waterpark attraction isn’t just a ton of fun, it’s quite the workout too.
22. Dine at the Barn in Wyckoff - if you can find it. First it was a dairy barn, then a speakeasy. Now it’s a local restaurant but definitely not easy to find which makes it fun.
23. Enjoy the thrill of indoor skydiving at iFly Paramus and get lifted up … where you belong.