Mangia! The Feast of all Feasts is back!
The Feast of San Gennaro will once again take over Little Italy in New York City from Thursday, September 16 until Sunday, September 26 on and around Mulberry Street between Canal and Houston Streets. This street fair celebration is New York City’s largest and longest-running Italian festival celebrating Italian culture and food, with religious processions, parades, and live music among other festivities.
Some events you don't want to miss:
- Blessing of the Sands: Thursday, September 16 at 6:00PM
- The 23rd annual cannoli-eating competition: Friday, September 17 at 1:00PM
- Frank Sinatra Show: Saturday, September 18 at 2:00PM
- 25th Annual Enrico Caruso Opera Night: Tuesday, September 21 at 7:00PM
- The second annual zeppole eating contest: Wednesday, September 22 at 1:00PM
- The first-ever pizza eating contest: Friday, September 24 at 1:00PM
- The Grand Procession: Floats, celebrities, gondolas, Red Mike Festival Band and the STATUE OF SAN GENNARO, all honoring our First Responders. Saturday, September 25 at 2:00PM
- The fourth annual meatball eating contest: Sunday, September 26 at 1:00PM
The Feast celebrates the life of San Gennaro of Naples who was Bishop of Benevento, Italy and was martyred in 305AD. Read more about San Gennaro and the feast here.