Italians and non-Italians alike know how passionate Italians are about their foods, how they're prepared, and how you eat them.
A new poll from YouGov helps us understand just how unacceptable true Italians find some of our eating habits.
Some things Italians do find acceptable: Eating pizza for lunch, having bolognese sauce with spaghetti, eating pizza with a fork, and having meatballs with spaghetti.
Italians find these things divisive, they can't agree: Having risotto as an appetizer/side dish, snapping dry spaghetti before boiling it, and adding plain pasta to a plate and then adding sauce to it.
These are the absolute worst things you can do when eating Italian food, according to Italians:
- Putting pineapple on pizza
- Having garlic bread with a pasta meal
- Not adding salt to the boiling water for your pasta
- Drinking cappuccino after an Italian meal
- Rinsing or cooling off cooked pasta under cold water
- Having cheese on a pasta meal that contains seafood
- Including cream in carbonara sauce
- Cutting long pasta with a knife
- Having pasta as a side dish
- Putting pasta in cold water and then boiling it
- Having ketchup with pasta
Read through the full results of the poll here.