Today is October 30th! Otherwise known as Halloween Eve, Goosey Night/Mischief Night...and National Candy Corn Day! Here are a few fun facts about the delicious holiday treat.
1) The 3 colors of candy corn -white, yellow, and orange- are meant to mimic real corn kernels, and was originally called "Chicken Feed".
2) Everyone eats candy corn in their own special way. While the majority, about 47% eat the entire thing in one bite, 43% start at the narrow white end. And roughly 10% eat the wide yellow end first. Me? I stay away from candy corn altogether LOL
3) The Halloween state was create in 1880 and the recipe has remained nearly unchanged, consisting of just 8 ingredients and 3 colors.
4) Candy corn is vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free and egg-free!
5) The shiny coating on the outside of candy corn comes from beeswax!
6) October 28th is the date most candy corn is sold worldwide.
7) About 9 billion candy corn kernels are manufactures each year. That is enough to circle the moon 21 times! WOW.
Now...get snacking! Happy National Candy Corn Day!