Here are some life hacks to help you get through this winter!
1. Cover your side mirrors with a freezer-sized ziplock bag and zip them closed as much as possible.
This will prevent ice from forming and you won't have to remember to clean your mirrors!
2. Turn your thermostat down a couple of degrees.
Throw on a sweater, you most likely most won't notice a difference. Plus you can save on heating costs.
3. Keep your showers short!
This gives your skin less of an opportunity to dry out.
4. If you need to use your bike in the snow and ice, place zip ties at even intervals around each tire to create bike snow tires.
5. Keep a bag of kitty litter in your trunk at all times during the winter!
You can throw some under your tire if it has lost its traction.
6. Put some hand sanitizer on your key as you unlock your car.
Helps to de-ice your frozen car door lock.
7 . Might look funny, but cover your windshield wipers with socks at night to keep the snow off.
8. Spray nonstick cooking spray on your shovel.
This will help the snow come right off every time!
9. Run your ceiling fan clockwise and on a low setting.
This will push the warm air back to floor level.
10. Stay cozy by putting your pajamas, work clothes, or socks in the dryer for a few minutes before putting them on!